There are millions of businesses online. That means your business must find ways to stand out and get consumers' attention. The internet offers opportunities that can help you reach your targeted audience more easily than ever; search engines, social media channels like Facebook or Instagram, video channels like YouTube, and podcasts--to name a few. So, how can you Boost Business With Online Content and use these tools? Read on.
One of the best long-term methods to reach your market is to publish content online. Online content builds your company's authority, brand awareness, and potential sales. As a business, when you share informative and interesting content that consumers or other companies find valuable enough to share, you can turn customers or fans into brand advocates.
Not only does high-quality online content help increase followers and fans, but it is also one of the most important things you can do to boost your business's SEO. This content can take many forms, including blog posts, infographics, videos, and well-written articles. Once you've created the content, sharing it across as many relevant platforms as possible is important. Sharing your content across social media platforms or email newsletters can also help spread the word and generate more interest in your business. Ultimately, by taking advantage of online content and sharing it widely, you can boost your business's search engine rankings.
Content helps your business get:
● Increased exposure
● Stronger brand awareness
● Visibility and authority
Content is the engine that runs the online marketing of your business.
● Awareness - the stage when potential customers learn about you and your business. Good content marketing gives consumers an inside look at your business and increases curiosity to want to learn more. Lead customers from this "Awareness" stage to the next stage with a call-to-action. At this stage, the content can be:
○ Tutorial (from sites like Google or Pinterest)
○ Viral post (something people will share or retweet)
○ Expert content or analysis reports
● Consideration - the stage potential customers already know about you and consider buying from you. Content can be educational and promotional. You'll reach customers at this stage via content such as newsletters, case studies, and podcasts.
● Decision - the stage customers trust your business and are considering purchasing from you. Content here isn't to educate or build brand awareness. It's to address the benefits of your products or services. At this stage, the call-to-action leads the customer to either make a purchase or start a free trial.
● What is your goal when publishing content?
● Can it be monetized? If so, what's the plan?
● How are you going to achieve your goals?
● Choose the platform(s) for the content and set an audience intent. Does your audience look at Pinterest for inspiration? Instagram for tutorials? And lead all calls to action back to your website!
Show Me. Don't Just Tell Me
Customers move through the customer journey when you give back through your content, educate, and are helpful. When you go beyond publishing content that only talks about how great your business and products are and more about how it makes their life better, customers start to see you as a part of their everyday lives - beyond just your products or services.
ring® offers great examples of how a business can talk about the benefits of their product by educating and showcasing the benefit to the consumer. Show me. Don't just tell me.
We're here to help you. If you're ready for a new website for your business or looking for a team of professionals to help drive more traffic to your website with SEO and social media contact us!