You know that feeling you get when you reach your goals – Yeah, that the one! You’re ecstatic ready to take on the world – you can do anything you put your mind to!
Goal setting is a positive, powerful practice when it ignites enthusiasm and provides clear direction.
So why don’t most people succeed in achieving their goals?
When practiced poorly, goal planning has a severe disadvantage which could undermine your success. Poor goal planning makes human beings cynical, wastes time and fosters confusion about where to concentrate your actions and energy.
No.1 — Loss of Focus
It’s hard to stay laser-focused for an elongated period of time. Even for people that are highly driven to succeed, losing focus is commonplace. There are all sorts of interruptions in life that can aid in a loss of focus. Clearly, problems can and do arise often.
No.2 — Absence of Strong-Enough Reasons
You have to have a commitment and strong enough reasons for wanting to achieve goals. It has to go deeper than “I want a bigger house” or more money. A goal has to be deep-rooted enough into who you are – something that compels you to see it through.
No.3 Lack of Planning
You have to create a plan toward achieving your goals. But you can’t just set it and forget it. You have to work on that Plan every single day be deciding “What will I do to tackle my most important tasks for the day? How will I manage my time effectively so that I don’t get distracted?
No.4 — The Inability to Act
Progress is stifled by procrastination. The longer we wait to act, the harder it is to break the cycle of inaction. We need to push past the obstacles we face to overcome procrastination.
How? There is a simple exercise - It’s called the 15-minute rule. Set a timer on your phone for 15 minutes and commit to doing the one task that you’ve been putting off for exactly that amount of time. Why only 15 minutes? Once the 15 minutes are up, you’ll keep going. But even if you don’t, you just broke the cycle of inaction. It’s that initial inability to act that tends to hold us back. All you have to do is break that pattern.
No.5 — Bad Habits that Hold us Back
Habits comprise 45% of human behavior. Habits help to automate the mundane tasks, but can also significantly hold us back from achieving our dreams.
So, we need to find ways to overcome bad habits and instill good ones. To do this start slowly and implement the S.M.A.R.T. Goals Strategy.
S – Specific
M - Measurable
A – Attainable/Achievable
R – Relevant
T – Timely
Specific – State what you’ll do. Use action words.
Measurable – Provide a way to evaluate. Use metrics or data targets
Attainable/ Achievable – Within your scope, skillset. It’s possible to accomplish
Relevant – Makes sense with your business or job function. Improves the business in some way.
Time-Based – State when you’ll get it done. Be specific on the date or time frame.
Specific: I’ll increase website traffic through consistent blogging.
Measurable: I will install Google Analytics and monitor traffic each month.
Attainable: Each week (on the same day of the week and at the same time of day), I’ll publish a new blog post about my industry using relevant keywords.
Relevant: New, quality content on my website each week will make me more visible to search engines.
Time-based: I’ll see a 30% increase in traffic within 12 months.
Now, it's your turn. Choose 1-3 Goals that you want to achieve within the first 3 months of 2020, write them down and apply the S.M.A.R.T. Goal formula. But stay the course and don't get distracted. Then let us know how you do.
Download your FREE S.M.A.R.T. Goals Graphic CLICK HERE
You might also like to read:
10 Things to Think About to Make and Stick with 2019 Business Goals
Need help with Crushing Your Goals in 2020? Contact us and Let's Talk about how we can help your business.
website design | e-commerce sites | logos & graphics | social media
“If you want to do things you never thought you could do, goals will get you there.” – Christy Wright
With 2019 right around the corner, Navarro Creative Group wants to give you some things to think about when you are creating your 2019 success plan!
It is time for you to start thinking B I G. Now is the time for you to sit down and think seriously about where you want your company a year from now and how you plan to get there. The following Business Goal prompts will help you to identify your goals and stay focused and driven so you stay on the path to S U C C E S S.
** SUCCESS TIP: When you write down your goals, you are 42% more likely to achieve those goals and dreams! Goal planners are a great way to help you stay on track for success in the new year!
What goals do you currently have for your business?
- Think about your 2018 goals. Did you reach them? If so, CONGRATULATIONS! And if you didn’t, it’s okay! Just look forward to what you can finish! But, try to identify, "What would you have done differently so that you could have achieved them?".
How do your goals motivate you?
- It is important that your goals motivate you and your team for the future. When a team is motivated and focused on reaching the same goals the potential of reaching those goals is far greater.
Have you written your plan of action?
- Writing a plan of action helps you determine what tasks you need to complete to reach your goals. Unfortunately, mistakes are inevitable so, being prepared with a plan will help you take strides to get you back on track.
What works best to help you keep focused on reaching your goals?
- These could be things such as personal affirmations or writing down your goals daily in a planner. When you find what motivates you continue it into the new year to become an even bigger success.
What goals have you set for yourself?
- Not only do we need to have our business goals laid out, but it is just as important to have personal goals set as well. Being aware of how many goals you can build on with realistic expectations can help you remain focused and positive.
What courses or training do you need to reach your business goals?
- You are never too old to learn. Continue to further your knowledge by enrolling yourself and your team in courses and training that will help move your business forward to success.
What seminars or conferences can you take advantage of this year to further enhance your business?
- Time and money spent on investing in your business is well spent. Seminars and conferences are a great way to network and meet potential business partners or clients as well as help you get out of your normal routines.
How can you work towards your goals more quickly?
- When you set bite-sized, realistic goals for yourself and your company you are more likely to achieve those goals which will continue to motivate your company toward S U C C E S S!
**SUCCESS TIP. Be sure to CELEBRATE YOUR SUCCESSES!
What should you do to keep goals in perspective?
- When you are in the success mindset, you can reach any goal you put your mind to because you know you have the ability and dedication to reach them. When things seem to not be going the way you planned, refuse to give up. FOCUS on your plan and remember this – YOU ARE MADE FOR SUCCESS!
Why is it so important to set and work toward your goals?
- Goals allow you to plan your success. They are a step-by-step guide for you to be the SUCCESSFUL business owner you were MADE TO BE!
In 2019, Navarro Creative Group wants you to do more than you ever thought possible! Let’s make 2019
R EM A R K A B L E!
CONTACT us and let’s talk to discuss how we can help you plan and reach your 2019 goals!
[contact-form-7 id="23" title="Contact form -NCG"]