Facebook’s New Algorithm Change: What’s It Mean To Small Businesses?
- July 11, 2016
- No comments
- Feature News | News | Small Business Tips | Small Business Trends | Uncategorized
What does Facebook’s new algorithm change mean to small businesses?
It’s been said before, and we’ll say it again and again, “Social media is about being social”. As a business owner, it is your opportunity to engage your followers – to discover what they want and need from you. So, what does Facebook’s new algorithm change mean?
More than a billion people have joined Facebook, and today they share a flood of stories every day. With that in mind, the goal of Facebook’s new algorithm change (06/29/2016) is to show people the stories that are most relevant to them; an update to News Feed that helps them see more posts from friends and family. AFTER friends and family, people have two other strong expectations when it comes to their News Feed and this is where small business owners need to pay special attention:
- Your feed should inform. People expect the stories in their feed to be meaningful to them — and we have learned over time that people value stories that they consider informative. Something that one person finds informative or interesting may be different from what another person finds informative or interesting — this could be a post about a current event, a story about your favorite celebrity, a piece of local news, or a recipe. We’re always working to better understand what is interesting and informative to you personally, so those stories appear higher up in your feed.
More than a billion people have joined Facebook, and today they share a flood of stories every day.
- Your feed should entertain. We’ve also found that people enjoy their feeds as a source of entertainment. For some people, that’s following a celebrity or athlete; for others it’s watching Live videos and sharing funny photos with their friends. We work hard to try to understand and predict what posts on Facebook you find entertaining to make sure you don’t miss out on those.
We view our work as only 1 percent finished — and are dedicated to improving along the way. As we look for ways to get better, we will continue soliciting feedback. We will be as open as we can — providing explanations in News Feed FYI wherever possible and looking for opportunities to share how we work. ~ Building A Better Newsfeed for You? Facebook 06/29/16
Ask yourself these three questions the next time you go to post on your Facebook timeline:
1. Is my post adding value?
2. Is my post entertaining? Will it allow my followers / potential followers to get to know and trust me and my business?
3. How is my post setting me apart from my competition?
Social media is about being SOCIAL. Share information that speaks to your audience. Share information that THEY find valuable; and if you don’t know what that is, take the time to find out. You are the designer of your success.
Need help with your small business social media marketing? Contact NAVARRO CREATIVE GROUP and let’s talk about ways that we can help you build your on-line presence and marketing strategy.
615.562.1002 | wendy@NavarroCreativeGroup.com | www.NavarroCreativeGroup.com